The 3rd Annual Walk The Plank is a fundraiser to support underserved Boston students participating in World Ocean School programs aboard the schooner Roseway this summer. On behalf of everyone at World Ocean School, thank you, in advance, for joining the challenge!
The event will feature 10 lucky people, chosen by the community, to take the plunge into Boston harbor from the plank of Boston’s historic tall ship Roseway, docked at the Courthouse Dock in Boston.
· When: Thursday, June 21st, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
· Where: Courthouse Dock and aboard Roseway, (2 Northern Ave, Boston)
· Cost to Attend: Free (suggested donation of $25 includes a free t-shirt)
Here's how you can participate in Walk the Plank:
· NOMINATE someone to Walk the Plank or nominate yourself and get the word out to your network--you'll need to raise enough funds to be in the top 10 by June 21 and the real-time polling stats will keep you and your pals up to date on how you're doing up to the last minute. Those who don’t make the top 10 but raise over $100 for the cause will be invited to a sail aboard Roseway in Boston. Any donations of $25 or more to a jumper gets you a free t-shirt when you show up to watch the plank walkers! Nominations are now open!
· ATTEND the event as a spectator and supporter--along with cheering on the plank walkers, there will be live music, water balloons to lob at the jumpers, cool swag, awesome raffle prizes, and of course food and drink at the fabulous setting of the Courthouse Dock. Jumping or not, it's an event you don't want to miss!
· SPREAD THE WORD about the nominations and encourage your networks to cast their votes. Make your selections wisely as only the top 10 jumpers who have raised the most money will walk the plank.
HOW TO FIND US: Boston is a walking city with very limited parking, so we recommend you do not drive to the dock location. The Courthouse Dock is located less than a block from the Silver Line MBTA station, next to the Daily Catch Restaurant at 2 Northern Avenue.
The closest MBTA stops are:
- Courthouse - Silver Line - about a 3 minute walk
- South Station - Red Line, Silver Line, Commuter Rail - about an 11 minute walk
- Aquarium - Blue Line - about a 13 minute walk
- Downtown Crossing - Orange Line, Red Line - about a 16 minute walk
If you decide to drive, please review the following information: Nearby parking lots can be found at this link: boston.bestparking.com or you may park below the Vertex building; which is $15 on nights and weekends. The Vertex building is directly behind the Courthouse and features a large lighted sign spelling "Vertex". Metered parking spots are available alongside Northern Ave, Seaport Boulevard, Fan Pier Boulevard, and around the Vertex Building.