Pay: Competitive plus benefits
Reporting directly to the Captain, this person will play a key role in the operation of the schooner Roseway. The position demands experience with marine systems, excellent communication skills, ability to make independent decisions as well as follow orders, and a strong commitment to the safety of the vessel, its passengers, and its crew.
Areas of Responsibility: Engineer aboard the sailing vessel Roseway:
- Oversee all systems aboard the S/V Roseway in coastal and off-shore waters
- Perform regular as well as on-call maintenance of systems
- Advise and create plans for improvement of systems
- Serve as crew member as needed
- Maintain the systems on board the vessel, and keep integrated with all safety equipment and precautions
***NOTE: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates available to begin during the next three months should submit an application. World Ocean School staff will keep qualified candidates on file to meet future hiring needs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of and experience with diesel engines and all related systems aboard the vessel
- Multi-tasking ability
- Commitment to execution and follow through
- Flexible and able to adapt to possible opportunities
- Organized, willing to be decisive, but also work well as member of a team
- Mature well-grounded sense of personal ethics, evident in the individual’s integrity, fairness, and openness
- Capable of, and active in, representing the World Ocean School favorably
Education and Experience: Three years of relevant experience.