Pay: $1,800 / month
Work aboard the historic schooner Roseway! Must enjoy being with people and working with kids. Room and board provided on the ship.
***NOTE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates available to begin during the next three months should submit an application. World Ocean School staff will keep qualified candidates on file to meet future hiring needs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Maintaining an enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic disposition
- Adaptable to changing environments and schedules
- Willing to take direction from the Mate and Captain
- Willing to live by the rules and regulations aboard the ship
- Able to be an active member of a team
- Capable of representing the World Ocean School favorably
- Keeping the ship's galley organized and clean
- Provisioning the galley once a week on a limited budget
- Preparing 2-3 meals daily for 10-20 crew members with various eating requirements
- Cooking meals and snacks during offshore transits
- Standing watches if needed
- Serving drinks and snacks in the galley during charters and day sails and for special events
All crew aboard Roseway are required to wear uniforms and present a tidy and clean appearance at all times. Roseway crew are not permitted to consume alcohol or smoke aboard the vessel, and must be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug-testing in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations.