Pay: Lodging and Meals aboard Schooner Roseway
Seeking a project intern to digitally cover the 2019 Summer Learning Voyage with Boston Day and Evening Academy from July 8th - July 26th aboard the Schooner Roseway. We will be in the classroom July 8th-9th, voyaging aboard Roseway July 10th-23rd, and back in the classroom July 24th-26th.
Job will include documenting this program both in the classroom before and after the voyage and on board the ship during the two-week voyage. It will require compiling footage to produce a professional, intentional final video that highlights the program. This video will be posted on our website, social media platforms, and in other promotional materials.
Please note: To be considered, we will require to see a portfolio of previous work. This internship is designed for candidates who have some prior experience in media and editing, as we have high standards for this final product.
Skills & Qualifications
- Access to high-quality or professional camera/recording equipment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Energetic, flexible, and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for interacting with crew and students of all levels and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Capable of representing the World Ocean School favorably
- Acquire program footage
- Organize photos and video and interviews into final project (video theme to be determined)
- Upload blogs and photos to office frequently
- Prepare social media content