World Ocean School is looking for a creative and entrepreneurial marketing intern to support the team with a variety of content creation, communications, and student engagement projects across website, social media, and print platforms. The intern will create stories that showcase the impact of our programs on students, develop and edit videos for the website and social media platforms, support the development of an alumni communications plan, help to maintain organization of our photo and video assets, and update a directory of prospect and client contact information.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills & Qualifications
- Junior, senior or graduate student in marketing, communications, or business management.
- Video development and editing, creative thinking, writing, project management and communication skills; experience using programs like Adobe PremierePro, Adobe Animate, iMovie a plus
- Proficient with Google suite of apps
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Entrepreneurial, strong-decision maker who can thrive in a start-up environment
- Creative thinker who understands branding and is not afraid to test unique ideas
- Attention to detail
- Interest and passion working with mission-driven organizations and youth development programs
- Interview World Ocean School program participants, catalogue all resulting video/audio/text files, and write and develop impact stories for external distribution to donors and partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support development of an alumni outreach program
- Research prospective clients and partners and develop database of contacts
- Maintain integrity of photo and video assets, organize content on Google Drive to ensure easy access by all staff
- Create, edit and prepare videos for website, YouTube and social media platforms
Location: Flexible | Remote; Boston, MA
Hours per week: Minimum 20 hours
Paid: No. Will work with intern to receive academic credit, if applicable