The 2nd Annual Walk The Plank is a fundraiser to support underserved Boston students participating in World Ocean School programs aboard the schooner Roseway this summer. On behalf of everyone at World Ocean School, thank you, in advance, for joining the challenge!
The event will feature 10 lucky people, chosen by the community, to take the plunge into Boston harbor from the plank of Boston’s historic tall ship Roseway, docked at Rowes Wharf in Boston’s downtown financial district.
· When: Wednesday, June 7th, 4:30pm - 9:00pm
· Where: Rowes Wharf Pavilion and aboard Roseway, downtown Boston
· Cost to Attend: Free (suggested donation of $25 includes a free t-shirt)
Here's how you can participate in Walk the Plank:
· NOMINATE someone to Walk the Plank or nominate yourself and get the word out to your network--you'll need to raise enough funds to be in the top 10 by June 7 and the real-time polling stats will keep you and your pals up to date on how you're doing up to the last minute. Those who don’t make the top 10 but raise over $100 for the cause, get a VIP invite to an exclusive harbor sail aboard Roseway later in June. Any donations of $25 or more to a jumper gets you a free t-shirt when you show up to watch the plank walkers! Nominations will be open on May 7th!
· ATTEND the event as a spectator and supporter--along with cheering on the plank walkers, there will be live music, water balloons to lob at the jumpers, cool swag, awesome raffle prizes, and of course food and drink at the fabulous setting of the Rowes Wharf Pavilion and dock. Jumping or not, it's an event you don't want to miss!
· SPREAD THE WORD about the nominations and encourage your networks to cast their votes. Make your selections wisely as only the top 10 jumpers who have raised the most money will walk the plank. But everyone will have a good time!