Pay: per diem
Job requires tall ship sailing experience, as well as an ability and desire to work with kids of all ages in both day and overnight programs. They must be an enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic leader with experience in the industry.
Applicants must have appropriate licensing, current STCW and have experience in the maritime industry, and be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
Skills & Qualifications
- Licensed and experienced in seamanship, being a watch officer, and running a deck
- Clear communication and modeling of appropriate behavior
- Willing to live by and enforce rules and regulations aboard the ship
- Confident in seamanship and interpersonal skills and able to inspire confidence in others
- Mature well-grounded sense of personal ethics, evident in the individual’s integrity and responsibility—upholding the highest standards in public and personal relations
- Capable of representing the World Ocean School favorably
All crew aboard Roseway are required to wear uniforms and present a tidy and clean appearance at all times. Roseway crew are not permitted to consume alcohol or smoke aboard the vessel, and must be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug-testing in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations.