Pay: Monthly stipend
Job includes all aspects of tall ship sailing both coastal and offshore, as well as an ability and desire to work with kids of all ages in both day and overnight programs. While previous experience is not required, applicants should be energetic, flexible, and eager to learn. Monthly stipend, room, and board are provided, as well as tips from special events. Must be 21 years of age, or older, to apply.
Skills & Qualifications
- Willing to take direction from the Mate and Captain
- An interest in furthering the educational mission of the World Ocean School
- Willing to live by the rules and regulations aboard the ship
- Commitment to execution and follow through
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments and schedules
- Able to model good behavior for students and serve as an educator
- Able to be an active member of a team
- Mature well-grounded sense of personal ethics, evident in the individual’s integrity and responsibility—upholding the highest standards in public and personal relations
- Capable of representing the World Ocean School favorably
All crew aboard Roseway are required to wear uniforms and present a tidy and clean appearance at all times. Roseway crew are not permitted to consume alcohol or smoke aboard the vessel, and must be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug-testing in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations.