Pay: $1,500 / month
The World Ocean School is seeking a cook aboard the historic schooner Roseway. Must enjoy being with people and working with kids. Room and board provided on the ship.
Skills & Qualifications
- Maintaining an enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic disposition
- Adaptable to changing environments and schedules
- Willing to take direction from the Mate and Captain
- Willing to live by the rules and regulations aboard the ship
- Able to be an active member of a team
- Capable of representing the World Ocean School favorably
- Keeping the ship's galley organized and clean
- Provisioning the galley once a week on a limited budget
- Preparing 2-3 meals daily for 10-20 crew members with various eating requirements
- Cooking meals and snacks during offshore transits
- Standing watches if needed
- Serving drinks and snacks in the galley during charters and day sails and for special events
All crew aboard Roseway are required to wear uniforms and present a tidy and clean appearance at all times. Roseway crew are not permitted to consume alcohol or smoke aboard the vessel, and must be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug-testing in compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations.